Dreams of a four-game series sweep in Toronto have turned into settling for a series win and getting out of town with anyone else going on the disabled list.
Sunday, April 1, 2018 @ Toronto Blue Jays
Yankees Daily Fantasy Picks
Today’s lineup for the New York Yankees:
- Brett Gardner, CF
- Aaron Judge, RF
- Giancarlo Stanton, LF
- Didi Gregorius, SS
- Neil Walker, 1B
- Brandon Drury, 3B
- Miguel Andujar, DH
- Tyler Wade, 2B
- Austin Romine, C
- SP: Sonny Gray, RHP
Key Stats At-A-Glance
Money Line : EVEN Jays -108, Yankees -102
Over/Under : 8
Line Moves : Late doe coming in on NY
Park Factors : Rogers Centre is considered a hitter’s park.
Weather : 36°, Wind W 16MPH, 15% chance of rain (retractable dome stadium).
- New York is now 4-2 straight up in its last 6 games against the Blue Jays.
- Run totals have stayed UNDER in 4 of the last 5 Yankee-Blue Jays contests in Toronto.
Marcus Stroman ($8,600) vs The Yankees
Embed from Getty Images
Stroman’s money-maker pitch is his sinker, which he tosses at an average of 94 MPH. He has a four-seam fastball at the same speed, along with a changeup that’s about 10 MPH slower. The Blue Jays ace didn’t exactly dominate the Yankees last season, ending with a 1-2 mark (5.32 ERA) over 5 starts, allowing 14 earned runs in 23.2 innings — but most of that damage came at Yankee Stadium. In The Bronx, Stroman was 0-2 in 3 starts, giving up 9 earned in 12 innings including 3 home runs. Something to keep in your back pocket next time he starts at The Stadium.
Here’s who to consider drafting (or not) in the Yankees lineup against Marcus Stroman:
- Aaron Judge ($5,000) : Only 12 ABs, but All-Rise has 6 hits, 3 of them home runs against Stroman.
- Brandon Drury ($3,500) : While Drury is only 0-3 against Stroman, he is swinging a good bat right now. He’s squaring up on pitches and even the outs are loud. Definitely worth a look in today’s lineup.
Sonny Gray ($9,700) vs The Blue Jays
Embed from Getty Images
Whenever the Yankees trade for or sign a big name pitcher, the first question the fans have is “How does he fare against AL East teams?”. In Sonny Gray’s case, the 2015 All-Star is treading water to date. He historically has had trouble in Fenway and Camden Yards, but pitches well in both Rogers Centre and The Trop. In Gray’s last appearance at Toronto on September 23, 2017, he went 6 strong innings, striking out 4 and allowing 1 earned run — a hanger that Toscar Hernandez went deep with. In New York’s 5-1 victory, Gray notched the win behind a rare outburst of run support from his fellow Bronx Bombers.
Here’s who to consider drafting (or not) in the Toronto lineup against Sonny Gray:
- Josh Donaldson ($4,200) : Small sample, but the Toronto DH is 4-12 off Gray, all singles and 7 walks for a .333 BA.
- Justin Smoak ($3,500) : There is some Sonny Gray ownage over Smoak, who is 4-25 (.160) with 10 strikeouts.
- Kendrys Morales ($3,200) : Morales also does not see Gray well, with 2 hits in 20 ABs and 6 Ks for a .100 BA.
THE FINE PRINT : The fantasy lineup suggestions are purely speculation and should not be taken as gospel. Anything can and will happen in a baseball game, but this content is designed to provide a starting point for your lineup research. Best of luck, and let’s go Yankees!