Embed from Getty Images
Sadly enough, today is the season series finale against the Baltimore Orioles, whom the Yankees have mastered to the tune of a 12-6 record.
Saturday, September 17, 2017 vs Baltimore Orioles
Key Stats At-A-Glance
Money Line : Birds +212, Yankees -230
Over/Under : 9.5
Line Moves : Late dineros coming in on New York
The Ballpark : Yankee Stadium is regarded as a hitter’s park.
Gametime Weather : 74°, partly cloudy, Wind ENE 7 MPH, 5% chance of rain.
• Baltimore is 1-8 in their last eight games at Yankee Stadium, losing their last six.
• Baltimore has lost 9 of their last 10 games.
Ubaldo Jiménez vs The Yankees
Ubaldo Jiménez ($5,100) : Jiménez primarily relies on his 91MPH sinker and slider (83MPH), along with a splitter (84mph) and four-seam fastball (91MPH).
Like they pretty much do with all of Baltimore’s starting rotation, the Yankees have slapped Jiménez around pretty well. Here’s who we like in today’s lineup.
- Aaron Judge ($5,600) : As we mentioned yesterday, since the start of September Judge hasn’t gone more than two games without blasting one, and today will be the third game. Small sample versus Jiménez (1-4), but we should see some fireworks.
- Jacoby Ellsbury ($4,000) : You know Ells is heating up when his DK salary hits $4K! The speedy centerfield is 7-20 off Jiménez with a home run and two walks. NOTE: Ellsbury is not in the starting line. Gardy will start in CF, with Clint Frazier ($3,700) getting the start in LF. Frazier is hitting .185 in his last 10 games (27 ABs), but he’s starting to square up on the ball. Could be a nice low-value pick.
- Brett Gardner ($4,700) : Gardy is hitting .348 off Jiménez (8-23) with 1 2B, 3 BB and 2 HRs.
- Matt Holiday ($4,700) : Holiday is hitting .375 off Jiménez (8-23) with a home run and 2 walks.
Sonny Gray vs The Orioles
Sonny Gray ($9,600) : The first item on the Yankees’ checklist today should be ‘Let’s score some runs for Sonny!”. His last outing was a complete game gem against Tampa, but resulted in a 2-1 loss. Gray is 3-5 so far in pinstripes, but with a stellar 2.66 ERA. Here’s who Gray needs to be careful with in the O’s lineup:
- Adam Jones ($3,700) : Jones is hitting .357 (5-14) with a double and home run.
- Tim Beckham ($3,900) : Beckham is hitting Gray at a .500 clip over 10 ABs, with a double and a home run.
THE FINE PRINT : The fantasy lineup suggestions are purely speculation and should not be taken as gospel. Anything can and will happen in a baseball game, but this content is designed to provide a starting point for your lineup research. Best of luck, and let’s go Yankees!