The Yankees will face the sinker-ball throwing right-hander Aaron Sanchez in game two of the opening four-game series in Toronto. The Blue Jay hurler had spent a decent part of 2017 dinged up, and is yet to see a New York lineup like the one that’s in front of him tonight. On the Bronx side of the equation, Masahiro Tanaka needs to forget about 2017 (on the road) and follow up Luis Severino’s beaut yesterday. Then all will be right in Yankees Universe.
Friday, March 30, 2018 @ Toronto Blue Jays
Yankees Daily Fantasy Picks
Today’s lineup for the New York Yankees:
- Brett Gardner, CF
- Aaron Judge, RF
- Giancarlo Stanton, DH
- Didi Gregorius, SS
- Gary Sanchez, C
- Neil Walker, 1B
- Billy McKinney, LF
- Brandon Drury, 3B
- Tyler Wade, 2B
- SP: Masahiro Tanaka, RHP
Key Stats At-A-Glance
Money Line : Jays +127, Yankees -137
Over/Under : 8.5
Line Moves : Late spondoolix coming in on TOR.
Park Factors : Rogers Centre is considered a hitter’s park.
Weather : 39°, Wind NW 10MPH, 0% chance of rain (retractable dome stadium).
Aaron Sanchez vs The Yankees
Embed from Getty Images
No large samples sizes to speak of in terms of tonight’s New York lineup against Sanchez, but he depends mainly on a heavy sinker and four-seam fastball, both in the mid-90s MPH-wise. Sanchez also sneaks in a very slow curveball (80MPH) and a changeup that’s nothing to write home about.
Here’s who may be of interest when drafting Aaron Sanchez against Yankees hitters:
- Didi Gregorius ($3,900) : Didi is 3-11 (.273), and that’s about it for current samples. We’re thinking this will change tonight.
- Brett Gardner ($3,900) : Gardy has the most ABs against Sanchez, and it ain’t pretty — 1-14 (0.71) with 4 Ks.
Masahiro Tanaka vs The Blue Jays
Embed from Getty Images
Masahiro Tanaka gave up a career high of 35 home runs last season, and all eyes will be what adjustments have been made in Larry’s Laboratory. The good news for tonight is that he generally handles the Blue Jays well, holding them to a .189 BA over 164 total ABs.
Tanaka is also looking to reverse a tough 2017 season on the road — and on turf. Neither were kind to him as his road ERA was 6.48 over 15 starts, and twice as bad on turf: 12.91, allowing 22 earned runs in 15 innings. In Rogers Centre, Tanaka allowed 9 ER over 9.1 innings, including 3 home runs.
Here’s who may be of interest when drafting Tanaka against the Blue Jays lineup:
- Steve Pearce ($2,800) : The former Yankee turned Yankee-killer is not in the starting lineup but sports a .333 BA (5-15 with 2 HRs) off Tanaka.
- Josh Donaldson ($4,100) : The slugging third baseman is hitting a buck 61 off the Yankee’s number two starter, 5-31, .161 with 7 strikeouts.)
- Kevin Pillar ($2,900) : The Jay’s centerfielder broke up yesterday’s shutout with a blast off of Dellin Bentances, and is 7-26 (.269) off Tanaka with 3 doubles.
THE FINE PRINT : The fantasy lineup suggestions are purely speculation and should not be taken as gospel. Anything can and will happen in a baseball game, but this content is designed to provide a starting point for your lineup research. Best of luck, and let’s go Yankees!