As CC Sabathia takes the mound tonight, the old axiom states that a 4-game, regular-season series is hard to win, let alone sweep. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves on a possible sweep, but clinching this series would be a great start for the 2018 campaign.
Yankees Daily Fantasy Picks
Saturday, March 31, 2018 @ Toronto Blue Jays
Today’s lineup for the New York Yankees:
- Neil Walker, 2B
- Aaron Judge, CF
- Giancarlo Stanton, RF
- Didi Gregorius, SS
- Gary Sanchez, C
- Brandon Drury, 3B
- Billy McKinney, LF
- Tyler Austin, 1B
- SP: CC Sabathia, LHP
Key Stats At-A-Glance
Money Line : EVEN / Jays +105, Yankees -105
Over/Under : 9
Line Moves : Late dineros coming in on TOR.
Park Factors : Rogers Centre is considered a hitter’s park.
Weather : 45°, Wind/Rain SSW 22MPH, 64% chance of rain (retractable dome stadium).
- According to MLB.com, when Judge takes CF today, he will be tied for the tallest player at the position in MLB history. Walt Bond of the 1964 Colt 45s was the other.
- The Yankees might want to load the bases early and often against Marco Estrada, whose ERA explodes to 33.23 in such situations.
- Estrada got roughed up in his Spring Training finale, allowing 5 ER in 2.2 innings, including 2 HRs.
- The Yankees have won 4 of their last 5 in Toronto straight up, and all 5 games have come in on the UNDER side.
Marco Estrada vs The Yankees
Embed from Getty Images
Estrada relies primarily on a four-seam fastball and circle change, of which the latter stays in the high 70MPH range.
Here’s who may be of interest when drafting Marco Estrada against Yankees hitters:
- Aaron Judge ($5,000) : This could be the matchup that Judge needs to get it going — he has Estrada timed to the tune of 7 hits in 14 ABs, 2 home runs and 3 walks.
- Giancarlo Stanton ($5,400) : 4-11 (.364) with 3 HRs, and a double, but 6 Ks so pretty much something or nothing.
- Gary Sanchez ($4,600) The Kracken is 4-16 (.250) but consider that all 4 hits were home runs. ‘Nuff said.
- Neil Walker ($3,300) : Walker is a great stealth pick. The price is right and the guy is a professional hitter. Against Estrada, Walker is hitting .320 (8-25 with a triple and 2 HRs.
CC Sabathia vs The Blue Jays
Embed from Getty Images
The Big Man will be making the first start of his 18th seasons in the bigs, and going up against a team that knocked him around for 15 earned runs in 21.2 innings last season. But overall his splits were solid in road ERA (3.18) and on turf (2.66). Over the past three seasons, Sabathia has gotten off to slow starts in April, but getting it dialed in as the weather starts heating up in May and June.
Here’s who may be of interest when drafting CC against Toronto hitters:
- Russell Martin ($3,200) : Sabathia’s old battery mate is 8-28 (.286) against him, with 1 HR and 10Ks!
- Steve Pearce ($2,800) : His former teammate is 8-27 (.296) with 2 double and 2 HRs against him. Pearce just has in it for the Yankees, no matter who is on the bump. If he starts, at that price you can NOT not draft him!
- Justin Smoak ($3,300) : Smoak is 7-26 with 2 HRs and 8Ks.
Daily MLB Fantasy Tips
Realistically Week One of the season is a crapshoot. Spring Training numbers don’t mean much — or do they? You go with the trusted names and a hunch on a few guys you expect to break out. Here’s who we’re keeping an eye on:
The Philadelphia Phillie outfielder is picking up where he left off at the close of last season. Ride this until you can’t ride it no more!
Cain is off to a promising start in his new surroundings in Milwaukee, especially in the stolen base department.
Game Day ALERTS: No significant weather or injury updates at this writing.
THE FINE PRINT : The fantasy lineup suggestions are purely speculation and should not be taken as gospel. Anything can and will happen in a baseball game, but this content is designed to provide a starting point for your lineup research. Best of luck, and let’s go Yankees!