After an outstanding performance from CC Sabathia in game one’s 3-0 New York victory, the Bombers look to Masahiro Tanaka to help nail down the series clincher.
For as much success Boston lefthander David Price has had, the New York Yankees have had his number in recent years. While the Bombers would prefer to see him in Yankee Stadium, where Yankee hitters have a .291 BA against him since 2014, they’ve knocked him around pretty good overall.
Here’s some picks for the 4:10pm Draft Kings slate:
KEY STATS AT-A-GLANCE
Money Line : Red Sox -142, Yankees +132
Over/Under : 8.5
Line Moves : Late $$ coming in on Yankees
Ballpark? : Fenway is definitely a hitters park.
- Masahiro Tanaka ($8,500) : Over the past 3 seasons, Tanaka has a 4.34 ERA in Fenway over 29 innings, but keeping the Boston lineup to a 1.63 BA (over 14 innings) so far in 2017.
- Jeff Samardzija ($9,500) : ‘The Shark’ has been a workhouse for the floundering Giants. He has a 2.25 ERA over 20 innings at Petco Park, and although small sample sizes, SS Erick Aybar and C Hector Sanchez seem to see him well.
- Gary Sanchez ($4,300) : Probably the smallest of samples but one you can’t overlook. Sanchez has 4 hits in 7 ABs versus Price — but each one has been a home run. We’re talking some ownage here.
- Starlin Castro ($3,700) : Casto may be on a short leash due to his hammy not 100%, but he should have a few quality ABs against Price, given his 7-17 mark.
- Jacoby Ellsbury ($3,500) : Ellsbury boasts a hefty .351/.519/.910 slash against Price over 77 ABs. Extra points could be had if Ellsbury swipes a base or two, given the 58% stolen base success rate against the lefty.
- Didi Gregorious ($3,500) : Didi continues to mash well against lefties, and he’s hitting a nice even .500 against Price over 24 career ABs, including a home run.
- The Yankees have won 8 of the previous 10 matchups with the Red Sox.
- Good pitching stops good hitting. The run totals have been UNDER in 6 of their last 9 meetings.
- Boston has the 6th best Home Favorite record (25-15 / 62.5%), but are 1-2 in this series.
- As an Away Underdog, the Yankees are ranked 4th (12-9 / 57.1%).
THE FINE PRINT : The fantasy lineup suggestions are purely speculation and should not be taken as gospel. Anything can and will happen in a baseball game, but this content is designed to provide a starting point for your lineup research. Best of luck, and let’s go Yankees!