BOMBERS LOOK TO TAKE 3 OF 4 FROM GIRARDI’S PHILS IN SERIES FINALE
The first game of yesterday’s doubleheader was nothing more than a reminder from the baseball gods that the Yankees were not going to go 59-1 this “season”. Shaky pitching, terrible defense and Angel Hernandez behind the plate is all you need for a train wreck of a ballgame game. And the 11-7 loss was that and more. Here’s the obituary. Game two was more like it, a 3-1 drama-free victory.
DRAFTKINGS CONTEST : The player salary numbers are for the MLB $3K Quarter Jukebox contest at 6:05PM EST; 3:05PM PT.
TV / RADIO : TV: YES, Radio: WFAN 660/101.9 FM, WADO 1280; Phillies: 9TV: NBSCP; Radio: 4WIP, WTTM 1680
THE WISE GUYS : The sportsbooks are diggin’ the Bronx Bombers again tonight with a moneyline of New York -146, Phils +136. The runline is New York -1.5 (+105), Phils +1.5 (-110) with an Over/Under of 10. The UNDER has triumphed in 4 of the last 5 Yankees road games in Philadelphia.
FAST FACTS :
- The Yankees are a flat 50%/50% covering both the Under and Over so far.
- New York pitching has kept opponents to an average of 4.18 runs per game, 14th in MLB. The Cleveland Indians are tops allowing only 2.32 per game.
- The Phillies lead MLB with the lowest team strikeout percentage at 16.7%. The Yankees hold 19th place with 24.6%.
BALLPARK CONDITIONS : Weather forecasts for gametime include spots of isolated and scattered thundershowers with temps in the mid-70s, with a slight breeze of 6mph. Does not sound like anything to postpone the contest, but keep an eye on the reports leading up to 6:05pm EST.
PITCHING MATCHUP : Righty Zach Eflin (0-0, 0.00 ERA, $6,900) will be making his 2020 debut for the Phillies tonight, while lefty Jordan Montgomery (1-0, 1.59 ERA, $7,800) toes the slab for the pinstripes.
YANKEES HITTING NOTES : Sample sizes against Eflin are too small for measure, but let’s see who’s off to a fast start against right-handed pitching:
- 2B DJ LeMahieu ($4,500), with a .485/.697/1.182 slash in 33 ABs against righties.
- 3B Gio Urshela ($4,800) is hitting .346/.731/1.182 over 26 ABs and is showing no signs of slowing down.
PHILLES HITTING NOTES : Sample sizes against Montgomery are also too small for measure, but while there are some professional hitters in Joe Girardi’s lineup, they are struggling against left-handed pitching (.182 BA). Here’s who to consider for your lineup:
- 2B Phil Gosselin ($2,400) has video game numbers (2.227 OPS) in only 4 games, but you ride these guys while they’re hot — especially at these prices.
- CF Adam Haseley ($2,700) is another value target for OF, .538 BA, 1.231 OPS in 13 ABs.
- SS Didi Gregorius ($3,700) has historically done well against lefties and has the power to make quick work of the hitter-friendly confines of Citizens Bank Park.
- C J.T. Realmuto ($4,700) appears to be getting on track at the plate, and is worth considering.
ROSTER MOVES : As rosters contract from 30 players to 28, the Yankees send down IF/OF Miguel Andujar, P Nick Nelson, and IF Thairo Estrada. It appears P Ben Heller may be called up as Aroldis Chapman is ‘not ready yet’ according to manager Aaron Boone.
INJURED LIST : Yankees on the IL include Aroldis Chapman and Luis Severino (elbow, out for the season) and Tommy Kahnle (forearm, out for the season, Tommy John).
Phillies on the IL include P David Robertson (elbow, 60-Day), P Seranthony Dominguez (elbow, 60-Day).
IMPORTANT : Check back after the official lineups have been announced (usually by 2pm EST), and definitely double-check your DraftKings MLB fantasy line at least 15-20 minutes prior to gametime (6:05pm EST/3:05pm PT) to make sure all of your picks are starting. Good luck, and Let’s Go Yankees!
FANTASY BASEBALL STRATEGY TIPS If you’re new to daily fantasy baseball or need a quick refresher course in putting an effective lineup together, don’t miss our “How to get your DraftKings MLB groove back in 2020” article. A short but sweet tutorial on proven strategies to help position you to win some dineros!