It’s Finally The Philles; Girardi, Didi, Cutch and Walker Return to Bronx
After an 8-day hiatus, the Philadelphia Phillies are resuming play with a home-and-home 4 game set against the sizzling hot New York Yankees. Originally scheduled for July 27th in Philly, tonight and tomorrow night will play in The Bronx, with Wednesday and Thursday scheduled for Citizen’s Bank Park in the City of Brotherly Love.
If a pesky pandemic can’t stop these games, maybe a tropical storm with hurricane force winds can. Tropical Storm Isaias has been working it’s way up the Eastern seaboard with the tri-state area square in it’s sights. If forecasts hold, tonight’s game might be able to be played, but Tuesday and Wednesday do not look good. Follow the storm here (National Hurricane Center).
NOTE: DraftKings salary prices below are from tonight’s MLB $6K Quarter Jukebox.
TV / RADIO : Yankees Radio: WFAN 660/101.9 FM, WADO 1280, TV: YES ; Phillies Radio: 94 WIP, WTTM 1680, TV: NBCSP
THE WISE GUYS : The moneyline is -277 New York, +252 Philly, with the Over/Under at 9. Runline is Yanks -1.5, Phils +1.5.
FAST FACTS :
- The Phillies are 0-6 straight up in their last 6 road games.
- In their last 5 trips to Yankee Stadium, the Phils are 4-1 straight up.
- The Phils are yet to steal a base in 2020, albeit only 3 games.
- The Yankees are 5th in MLB in runs scored per game (5.62), percentage points behind the Marlins!
- The Bronx Bombers lead MLB in at-bats per home run with 14.94, and 12,12 in their last 3 games.
BALLPARK CONDITIONS : The calm before the storm. By game time tonight, temps should be around 86° under mostly cloudly skies and a mere 10mph southerly wind. Tomorrow evening should be more interesting.
PITCHING MATCHUP : Jake ‘The Snake” Arrieta (0-0, 0.00 ERA, $6,200) will be making his first start since August 11, 2019. Since then, the former Cy Young Award winner went through elbow surgery and a stop and start rehab process thanks to COVID-19. He was scheduled to pitch against the Miami Marlins last week before that series and more was shelved.
The Yankees will go with ace Gerrit Cole (2-0, 3.08 ERA, $11,000). A former NL rival, Cole has a career 4-3 mark against Philadelphia, with a 3.38 ERA in seven starts.
YANKEES HITTING NOTES :
For Aaron Judge, just start building the statue now.
- Judge has now homered in 5 straight games. Roger Maris and Lou Gehrig is up next with 6. Don Mattingly holds the Yankees record with his 8 game home run streak, where he is tied with Dale Long (Pittsburgh Pirates, 1956) and Ken Griffey, Jr. (Seattle Mariners, 1993).
- 2B DJ LeMaheiu ($4,100) is hitting .375 in 8 ABs off Arrieta.
- 3B Gio Urshela ($4,000) is hitting .419 over his last 10 games with 2 HRs and a 1.035 OPS.
- OF/DH Giancarlo Stanton ($5,800) while hitting .222 off Arietta in 9 ABs, is .469 and 1.109 OPS over his last 10 games.
LATE LINEUP NOTES
- Luke Voit ($4,100) will NOT be starting at 1B tonight, Mike Ford ($4,600) gets the nod.
- Tyler Wade ($3,300) will be starting at SS.
PHILLIES HITTING NOTES :
Who’s had any notable measure of success (or failure) against Cole?
- Catcher J.T. Realmuto ($4,600), .714 in 14 Abs with 1 home run
- 2B Neil Walker ($3,300), .364 in 11 ABs with 1 home run
- OF Jay Bruce ($3,200), .300 in 20 ABs with 1 home run
- OF Bryce Harper ($5,000) is .182 over 11 ABs
- 3B Jean Segura ($3,000) is .200 in 20 ABs
INJURED LIST : Yankees on the IL include Aroldis Chapman and Luis Cessa (both COVID-19, 10-day), Luis Severino (elbow, out for the season) and Tommy Kahnle (forearm, out for the season, Tommy John).
Phillies on the IL include P David Robertson (elbow, 60-Day), P Seranthony Dominguez (elbow, 60-Day).
IMPORTANT : Check back after the official lineups have been announced (usually by 2pm EST), and definitely double-check your DraftKings MLB fantasy line at least 15-20 minutes prior to gametime (7:05pm EST/4:05pm PT) to make sure all of your picks are starting. Good luck, and Let’s Go Yankees!
FANTASY BASEBALL STRATEGY TIPS If you’re new to daily fantasy baseball or need a quick refresher course in putting an effective lineup together, don’t miss our “How to get your DraftKings MLB groove back in 2020” article. A short but sweet tutorial on proven strategies to help position you to win some dineros!