TANAKA TOES THE SLAB IN 2-GAME SET FINALE VS BRAVES
UPDATE 4:50pm EST • AARON JUDGE OUT TONIGHT. Yankees manager Aaron Boone announced that Judge is “dealing with lower body tightness” and will sit tonight. With tomorrow’s off-day, Boone hopes Judge will be good to go Friday night when the Yankees host the Boston Red Sox.
The 11-6 New York Yankees will start righthander Masahiro Tanaka (0-0, 1.17 ERA, WHIP 0.78. $7,600) against the visiting 11-8 Atlanta Braves. The Bronx Bombers broke out the bats in last night’s contest as a 3-run Luke Voit home run in the first inning and a Aaron Judge solo shot in the 5th led the way to a 9-6 victory. New York has not lost at Yankee Stadium yet this season.
DRAFTKINGS CONTEST : Lineup tips and player salaries are for the MLB $10K mini-MAX [150 Entry Max], an 8-game contest starting at 7:05pm EST, 4:05am PT.
TV / RADIO : TV: YES, Radio: WFAN 660/101.9 FM, WADO 1280; Braves TV: FSSO; Radio: 680 AM/93.7FM The Fan, WNNX 100.5
THE WISE GUYS : The sportsbooks are liking the Yankees with a moneyline of New York -188, Atlanta +173, with an Under/Over of 9.5;
FAST FACTS :
- The Braves are 1-6 straight up in their last 7 games against NY Yankees.
- When playing in Yankee Stadium, the run total has gone UNDER in 8 of the last 11 games Yankees vs Braves matchups.
BALLPARK CONDITIONS : Scattered thunderstorms are predicted today for the New York metro area, but should pass through just before game time. Temps with be in the mid-80s under mostly cloudy skies and a 35% chance of showers, but decreasing as the evening goes on. Winds will be SSW at 6mph.
PITCHING MATCHUP : The Atlanta Braves will start Huascar Jose Ynoa, a 22-year-old righthander from Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic. He was signed in July of 2014 by the Minnesota Twins as an international free agent, then traded to Atlanta in July of 2017 for pitchers Jaime García and Anthony Recker.
Ynoa relies mainly on his four-seam fastball (96mph) and a 12-6 curveball (86mph), along with a changeup also clocked at 86mph.
Masahiro Tanaka has a tendency to give up the occasional long ball and the Braves who have homered off him include C Travis d’Arnaud and 1B Freddie Freeman. The rest of Atlanta’s lineup has too small a sample size to be of value, only OF Nick Markakis (2-10 .200) has at least 10 ABs against Tanaka.
YANKEES HITTING NOTES : There is no statistical data for Yankees bats against the young right hander, so let’s see who’s been hot.
- Odds are OF Clint Frazier ($3,900) will be in the lineup tonight, either in left field or DH. A long ball would not be a total surprise from the righty slugger.
- 2B DJ LeMahieu is priced at $5,100. and worth every penny. He is hitting .412 over his last 10 games with a 1.000 OPS.
- Speaking of breaking the bank OF Aaron Judge is $6,300 but is putting up big numbers at home, hitting .364 with 6 HRs, 12 RBI and a 1.667 OPS over his last 10 games. ALERT 4:50pm EST Aaron Judge was scratched from tonight’s lineup.
BRAVES HITTING NOTES :
- C Travis d’Arnaud drops $300 in salary to $4,500.
- Same with SS Dansby Swanson (now $4,400). d’Arnaud and Swanson went a combined 1-10 at the top of the order last night.
- C Tyler Flowers ($3,200) went 2-3 with an RBI raising his season BA to .375.
INJURED LIST : Yankees on the IL include Aroldis Chapman and Luis Severino (elbow, out for the season), C Kyle Higashioka (right oblique strain, 10-day), Giancarlo Stanton (hamstring, 10-day) and Tommy Kahnle (forearm, out for the season, Tommy John).
ATLANTA BRAVES on the IL include P Cole Hamels (triceps, 45-Day), 1B Matt Adams (hamstring, 10-Day from 8/5), P Mike Soroka (Achilles, out for season), P Jeremy Walker (shoulder, 60-Day), 2B Ozzie Albies (wrist, 10-Day from 8/5).
IMPORTANT : Check back after the official lineups have been announced (usually by 2pm EST), and definitely double-check your DraftKings MLB fantasy line at least 15-20 minutes prior to gametime (7:05pm EST/4:05pm PT) to make sure all of your picks are starting. Good luck, and Let’s Go Yankees!
FANTASY BASEBALL STRATEGY TIPS If you’re new to daily fantasy baseball or need a quick refresher course in putting an effective lineup together, don’t miss our “How to get your DraftKings MLB groove back in 2020” article. A short but sweet tutorial on proven strategies to help position you to win some dineros!